Friday, June 29, 2007

London!

Hi Everyone!

I have just arrived in London. The flight was 9 and a half hours as opposed to nine because of the hold up at Heathrow. It is really amazing how they direct planes. After we landed I saw at least 6 planes queued (yes, I'm in London, so I have to use the word 'queue'). It is really quite a marvel. A bit freaky to see many planes in the air near you though. Air traffic controllers really do an amazing job!

The flight was uneventful. I got a good bit of sleep on it which made it nice and short, about 4 hours. I can thank the wine and beer for that I think. I watched one movie and that was all, Breach. It is about a FBI agent who was spying for the Russians against the US. He's Catholic. They actually portrayed the whole Catholic thing decently, you can tell he was struggling between being a good Catholic and his loyalty to his country. Not a great movie, but enjoyable. Thankfully there will be a MUCH better selection of movies on the return.

I also met up with my folks while I was in Vancouver which was nice. We visited for about 2 hours.

The weather here is cloudy, with breaks of sun, which is better then what the forecasters were giving which makes me happy. I am currently in an Internet Cafe in Heathrow Airport that is rather muggy.

I am looking forward to getting to my hotel, changing my clothes, and enjoying London. That nap on the plane should be sufficient to keep me up for the rest of the day. I figure if I walk a lot that it should wear me out by the end of the day.

My first order of business, once I'm settled, is to find out the Mass times at Westminster Cathedral. It is a Holy Day of Obligation today here in London for Sts Peter and Paul, so I am looking forward to good liturgy! :)

I think that's it for now. The plan tomorrow is a few things. I think I'm going to do those bus tours that take you all around the city. I am also going to go to Mass of course and see Spamalot, the Monty Python Musical. I am considering for Sunday to make a trip to Oxford or Cambridge...I have always wanted to see a Medieval University :)...I'm a rather big fan.

God bless and thinking of you all!

-Harrison

No comments: