Sunday, February 26, 2006

A Few Updates

Sorry there haven't been any updates for the past few days. I thought that Reading Break was going to give me lots of free time to be able to do lots of postings and so on. Not so.

I went home for my parents' 25th Wedding Anniversary. It is very impressive to see 2 people stick it out for 25 years, because it is so uncommon nowadays. They are the first to admit that there are ups and downs, but they know what love is and it was a very special time.

Came back today, long trip back. There were so many people on the 1pm sailing that there wasn't enough room for me on the bus. I had to wait until 3:30 to catch a bus back to downtown.

One thing I did do while at home that I don't normally do is watch a bit of TV. I'm not a huge fan of watching TV, but the Olympics were something to watch. Cindy Klausen was amazing, winning 5 medals for Canada. We walked away with 24 medals, the best total ever, and this is very good news for 2010, where I know the COC is hoping for Canada to come out on top in the medal standings. Speed skating is just a lot of fun to watch. It'll be nice that it'll be in our timezone when it's here in 2010 though.

School starts up again on Tuesday (I don't have classes on Mondays and Thursdays, I work on those days). I've got a take home exam due on Tuesday and 3 essay outlines that I need done by Friday and then it's time to hit the books hard and read lots on some stuff that interests me and some stuff that I'm not entirely excited about.

I'll be doing a post on TOB tonight for all those who are interested. I think I can only guarantee 2 posts a week right now on TOB because of all my other commitments. I am much further ahead in my reading on that then I am in the postings, I just finished the first 3 cycles. It's interesting though, I've realized that TOB deals with the "whys"...but there doesn't seem to be much on the "hows". A lot of people deal with problems of purity, with problems of treating another person as being made in God's image and likeness. TOB does a great job I have found at explaining this and there have been tiny suggestions about how to overcome problems, but it doesn't seem to, at the moment, deal with how to overcome these obstacles in co-operation with the Holy Spirit. It just needs time though, I'm sure someone will come along and tell us how to put these teachings into practice through overcoming the lust of the heart and gain a pure heart.

-Harrison

No comments: