Saturday, March 11, 2006

Good news!!

After all this job applying I finally at least got an interview out of it. Apparently I'm doing pretty good, because this has only been going on for 2 weeks, while most people say it takes them months just to get an interview let alone a job. God is good, it gives me hope that applying for worthwhile jobs is actually worth it. I was talking to a friend tonight who said it took him 8 months to get a job, and only had 2 interviews during that time...It's been 2 weeks and I already have an interview...this is a good sign.

I will admit, applying for jobs is no fun task. It takes at least 30 minutes to go through the daily job postings from various companies and government departments. Then you have to customize each and every cover letter in accordance with the position. It ends up taking at least 2 hours a day. Anyways, as long as it pays off in the end then I will have been glad to have done it.

So, my interview is at 3:00pm on Tuesday. If you could please pray for me that would be great. Obviously they see some sort of potential in me for giving me a call. Thankfully, I got my resume into them through a contact of mine, which means the person I sent the resume to would actually read it and not just skip over it.

Here's hoping.

Still busy, once I have a job settled in I will have a bit more free time and will be able to post a bit more often. I may get some Theology of the Body in tomorrow.

-Harrison

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of job is it?

And do you ever check your hotmail, or is that an obselete address now?

Harrison said...

I don't know actually. Because it's through someone I know, he told me just to give them my resume, but never told me what they're hiring for. From looking on their website it is either a Account Manager or Business Analyst position, they're the only positions I'm qualified for.

And as per hotmail, I'm not using it anymore (there's over 1000 new messages in there right now), as I only receive junk mail in it, everyone e-mails me at my school account, so if you want you can e-mail me there. It's hayre @ uvic . ca

-Harrison

Anonymous said...

Oooh, good. I thought you were purposefully ignoring me! ;)

Fidei Defensor said...

I'll pray for the intercession of St. Joseph the workingman on your behalf.