Tuesday, January 24, 2006

God is so so good.

I went to Eucharistic Adoration for a personal Holy Hour as per I do every Tuesday from 3:00 to 4:00pm. So I went downstairs to the Crypt Chapel as per usual and prayed my Divine Mercy Chaplet as per usual since it was 3:00pm. So that was all good and stuff.

After I finished my Divine Mercy Chaplet, I had the sudden urge to just close my eyes, sit up straight, and just try to be as silent as possible. I just sat in God's presence in almost complete silence (thoughts do come to my mind once in a while, but that happens). I did feel my self nodding off a couple of times, but I am tired and it didn't really ruin my prayerful state if I can call it that. It was amazing because I know now that there was stuff going on upstairs in the Sacrasty, it registered, but at the time, I just really didn't pay attention to it. It went in one ear and out the other. A nuclear bomb going off could not have gotten me to budge.

And so, as it was coming to an end, I had a sudden urge to write a poem! I couldn't believe it...me and poetry haven't been the best of friends in the past. But I just started writing, and writing until it was time to repose the Blessed Sacrament. I read it after and added one tiny thing to it, but it expressed perfectly what I was feeling. I just felt that today my love for the Eucharist has grown, thanks to God's grace, about a million times more. Oh how I long for another opportunity to adore and be in the presence of our Lord.

-Harrison

No comments: