Monday, January 23, 2006

New Government in Canada

Well folks, it's happened. The Conservatives now have a minority government. It seems that they may have just as many problems as the previous parliament, however, simply because minorities can either very bottlenecked or they can learn to work together to bring new policies to help Canadians.

Also, Paul Martin has stepped down as leader of the Liberal Party. Will we get another nominal Catholic as the leader of the party? We will see, but, frankly, I'm not a fan of someone who says they're Catholic and yet refuses to live those beliefs in their vote.

We will see what happens. Everyone is already talking that this parliament will only last 18 months. I think the Liberals may begin falling with the loss of Paul Martin, they're going to need to think about a new leader and I don't think it'll be enough if there is another election so close in the future. We will see, I just pray that family and life values and truths can begin to be promoted in Parliament. This is the Conservative's opportunity to step up to the plate and show Canada what they can do for Canadians. I pray that they will promote life and family values.

*Quick sidenote, there will be no Theology of the Body posts tonight, I got home late and need to get to sleep so I can wake up for Mass in the morning.

-Harrison

No comments: