Saturday, July 07, 2007

Saturday, July 7th.

Hello everyone.

Today has been one of those relaxing days, thanks be to God. Last night I relaxed with some reading and got a decent night's sleep.

The morning started off with a bus ride. We got to a small, wooden Church that was made in the 14th century and was stunning really. So that was quite nice.

After Mass it was back on the bus. After a bit of a trip we got the river (the name has skipped my mind) which is between the Tertra Mountains. It was a beautiful trip. Lots of photos were taken. We were on these small boats for about 2 hours and 15 minutes. It was beautiful and relaxing and just plain wonderful. Not too much to say, it was just beautiful and relaxing.

After the boat ride we got back on the bus and then headed to a restaurant near the river. The food was pretty good, especially the mushroom soup in the bread bowl. While we were there, they hired a renaissance choir of about 10 people to sing for us many renaissance style songs. It was absolutely gorgeous!!!

After dinner it was back on the bus and many great conversations on the way back to Krakow. I went out for a beer with many others and am now here, relaxing a bit before tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Mass at 10:30. It is a free day tomorrow, so many of us are going to Kalwaria (where there is a major Marian basillica) and Wadowice (where JP II was born) at 12pm. We are taking (and I am very serious about the name!) the "Pope Train" there. It is something new. Last time I was here you had to take a bus, but now you can get there by train. So it should be another relaxing day and we will be back in Krakow for 8pm.

That is pretty much all from here. It has been a lot of fun since last night. As I've said before, they balance 3 things quite well at the Seminar: prayer, learning, socializing. All three are essential aspects to the seminar and they are greatly balanced. It is hard to believe that tomorrow is the end of the first week of the seminar and that I have been gone for over a week now. To be quite honest, it feels like I've been gone a lot longer (in a good way though). I have enjoyed the community so much here. The young adults in this course have been especially wonderful and mature and are greatly balanced personality wise. I have been hanging out with a core of them a lot and we really enjoy each other's company a lot it seems. All in all it has just been wonderful and I am going to be very sad when it is all over because this has been what I've been searching for for so long. I will, though, embrace and enjoy every minute that is given to me.

I forgot to mention yesterday that in the course of 4 days I went through an entire pad of paper that was given us by the Tertio Millennio Seminar (when I arrived they gave us a shoulder bag, a pen, and some Tertio Millennio stationary, which will make for great souvenirs too!) So I have one more pad left and then it is onto my paper that I brought.

I am keeping you all in my prayers.

God bless

Harrison

No comments: